Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Sentiments: Serenity


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time
Enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.
Amen.

The Serenity Prayer is about accepting, courage, and wisdom. It all comes down to asking and allowing God to give us these things. We are to surrender to Him. It reminds us that our trust needs to be in God to work things out in our lives and recognize that we don’t have any control over hardships or the actions of others. An area I definitely have room for improvement. Simply trust Him and live one day at a time...enjoying each moment!

Hope you all have a blessed week! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment